Ludwig van Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major, op. 58, was composed in 1805–6, although no autograph copy survives. The work is scored for solo piano and an orchestra consisting of a flute, two oboes, two clarinets, two bassoons, two horns, two trumpets, timpani, and strings. It was premiered by Beethoven himself in 1807 at the palace of his patron, Prince Lobkowitz. However, the public premiere was not until 22 December 1808 in Vienna at the Theater an der Wien. Beethoven again took the stage as soloist. This was part of a marathon concert which saw Beethoven's last appearance as a soloist with orchestra, as well as the premieres of the Choral Fantasia and the Fifth and Sixth symphonies. Beethoven dedicated the concerto to his friend, student, and patron, the Archduke Rudolph. After its first performance, the piece was neglected until 1836, when it was revived by Felix Mendelssohn. Today, the work is widely performed and recorded, and is considered to be one of the central works of the piano concerto literature.
Piano Concerto no. 4 in G, Op. 58
This sheet contains the following parts:
|Ludwig van Beethoven||Concerto||Piano and orchestra||Romantic|