Interior Painting by 21st Century Painting and Roofing
At 21st Century Painting and Roofing they utilize only the very best materials available, inclusive of the highest quality paints that will provide you, their customer, with a long lasting and beautiful exterior paint job. You select the paint that you prefer, although Benjamin Moore, Pittsburgh paints, Sherwin Williams, and Kelly Moore are among the very finest to be had, and are recommended by 21st Century Painting and Roofing.
With exterior paint your home is well protected
It is a well-known fact that exterior paint that is of a high quality is particularly important for a lasting finish. Nevertheless, what is not so well known is that the application of the paint is equally as important.
Should the exterior surface be ill prepared, the lifetime of the paint will likely be greatly lessened. What’s more, a correct application, whereby the paint is applied at the ideal rate, means that it will not only look good but it will also stand up to the local weather conditions over the years to come.
And in Austin, with extreme heat combined with heavy rain, strong winds, and occasional hail storms, the exterior paintwork is the first line of defense for your home.
Exterior paintwork preparation is vital
When 21st Century Painting and Roofing are engaged to carry out your external paintwork, the following steps will be carried out, or at least will be highly recommended:
- The first step is to pressure wash the exterior utilizing a house wash mixture of Bleach and Jomax. After all, simply washing with hot soapy water is not quite enough to remove any built up grime and mildew. It’s recommended that your home’s exterior is washed on a two-year basis as this will remove grime and mildew while ensuring that your home continues to look pristine.
- If it’s in your contract, then any rotten wood should be replaced. This work can mean anything form the replacement of a single board to the re-siding of the entire home, which of course will depend on individual need and on the budget that is allocated for the work.
- Any paintwork that is loose will be scraped away prior to light sanding work being undertaken.
- Exposed and new wood surfaces will be primed, and any rusting surfaces should be spot primed.
- The condition of any caulked surfaces will be inspected, and any loose caulking or areas of caulking that are beginning to fail will be re-caulked.
- While the work is being undertaken, windows, decking, and/ or shrub beds will be covered as is required.
Alternative Services Offered by 21st Century Painting and Roofing
21st Century Painting and Roofing also offer the following services to homeowners and businesses in Austin and surrounding areas:
- Interior painting work
- Commercial painting work
- Siding installation
- Metal roofing
- Residential roofing work
- Commercial roofing work
You can get in touch with 21st Century Painting and Roofing via their website at http://www.21stcenturytexas.com/.