Max Zenger was a German composer. Zenger first studied in L. Stark and from 1859 to 1860 in Leipzig. That same year, he got a job as a music director in Regensburg and moved in 1869 to Munich with the same position. He worked from 1878 to 1885 as conductor of the Oratorio Society and Academic Choral Society. At the same time he was also a teacher of choral singing at the Royal School of Music. Max Zenger was buried in the Old South Cemetery in Munich (grave 12-2-55).