22nd July 1812
23rd September 1879
Henry Westrop made his first appearance at 13, at the Sudbury Theatre as pianist, violinist and singer. He afterwards became organist at St. Stephen's, Norwich; in 1831 at Little Stanmore ; 1832, at Fitzroy Chapel, and April 3, 1834, at St - Edmund, Lombard Street, which he held till his death. He at one time played the violin at the Royal Italian Opera and the Philharmonic Society, of which he was a member. Westrop's abilities as a composer were greater than his reception by musicians and the public would imply.